Where and when does the Board meet?
The Calgary SDAB holds its regular public meetings every Thursday commencing at 9 a.m. in suite #101, 1212 31 Avenue NE. The Board meets until all items on the agenda for that day have been dealt with, or until 4:30 p.m. The Board will not begin a new matter after 4 p.m. Appeals that have not been dealt with will be adjourned to the next scheduled panel meeting date.
Pursuant to Bylaw 25P95, as amended, the Calgary SDAB sits in two differently-sized panels to hear appeals.
- SMALL PANELS
- The Board sits in smaller panels to hear certain matters:
- a) matters set out in Schedule "A" and any associated issues including orders regarding the development in question, unless the development is located in the floodway, flood fringe or overland flow areas as those terms are defined in the Land Use Bylaw 1P2007;
- b)subdivision appeals; and
- c)procedural issues and jurisdictional issues relating to any appeal.
- LARGE PANELS
- The Board sits as a larger panel to hear all matters not specified above. The large panel shall be comprised of up to seven members but not less than five.
The information contained herein is intended for information purposes only and should not be construed as legal advice. For certainty, you should consult the Municipal Government Act and other related statutes and regulations.